Dave George – a proven track record with the skills, experience, time and energy to represent your views and get things done.
It has been my privilege to serve the Whitchurch Community over the last 3 years. The work I have undertaken has given me a detailed understanding of the wishes of Community and the key issues which affect the quality of our lives.
I have lived here for 10 years. I love the Ward and the talented individuals who I have met and worked with. My two daughters and grandchildren live in Whitchurch. I am committed to the future of the Town and to provide a future for my family
I recently took early retirement as Vice President of an International Engineering and Environmental Company. I have a combination of technical and negotiation skills, relevant to providing solutions to some of the challenges which face our Community. These will enable me to promote a prosperous future for the Ward without destroying the character of our Town or surrounding rural areas, including Hurstbourne Priors, Tufton, and Cole Henley. I will work towards improving the Town Centre as a venue, and to increasing leisure facilities particularly for the youth. I have and will continue to fight against unsustainable development and increased heavy traffic which may be a threat to our quality of our lives. I will promote development on sites which have been selected by the Community and have community benefits. I will continue to campaign for improved infrastructure and facilities, including social housing, to be delivered alongside sustainable development.
I understand that you may be sceptical about yet another candidate chasing your vote but;
- I am not a “career politician”. I just want to do my best for the Community. Being elected to the Town Council in 2013 was my first public election.
In the last three years I have;
- Been elected Town Councillor
- Established the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee and chaired this for almost three years.
- Initiated the Flood Risk Assessment for the Town to establish what can be done to reduce future flood risk.
- Initiated and authored a sustainability appraisal of the Silk Mill.
- I am privileged to have been asked by Whitchurch Town Council to receive an award for “outstanding service, and/or achievement for the community”.
- My career was spent working at high level with businesses, lawyers and planning/regulatory authorities. I have learnt that you need to work at an appropriate level if you want to get things done.
- I am working with your MP Kit Malthouse campaigning to ensure the voice of communities is heard in planning decisions. We are meeting with the Housing Minister this month.
- I have and will work continue to work closely with the Conservative Lead Council in Basingstoke to promote the interests of Whitchurch and its Community.
- I have already represented the NPSC and Town Council on a number of occasions responding to planning applications, giving evidence at Planning Enquiries and with regard to the BDBC Local Plan.
I believe in positive thought and working to support community groups rather than a recently seen political response of being critical of the honest efforts of those talented members of our community who give their time in the service of the Town.
I am pleased to have received support and endorsements including your MP, Kit Malthouse and Eric Dunlop the retiring Ward Borough Councillor whose seat I am contesting.
Most of all I care about representing YOUR views. Having taken early retirement I have the time, energy and enthusiasm to devote to your needs and concerns.
It would be a privilege to serve as you Borough Councillor please vote for me DAVE GEORGE at the elections on Thursday 5th May 2016.
Please contact me on 01256 893680 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues or concerns you wish to discuss or you would like to assist in my campaign.