With talk of imminent snow over the last few days, remember that Whitchurch has its very own Snow Crisis Line, overseen by the Whitchurch Association, the local charity that also manages this website and the Gill Nethercott Centre.
This local service consists of volunteers who have offered to help in times of severe weather, such as snow.
When it snows…
- do you get isolated in your home?
- are you unable to clear your path?
- are you worried about access to essential supplies such as prescriptions or food?
- are you concerned as you have no friends or relatives to help?
The volunteers can:
- clear small areas of snow if necessary to enable you to get out of your home;
- carry out any essential shopping and collect prescriptions, keeping hold of any receipts and change to give you on delivery.
The volunteers cannot enter your house, nor carry out any personal care.
The service is available between 9.00am and 6.00pm
Just call 01256 896270
In emergencies always call the emergency services on 999