The main points are:
- Tom Thacker retains his seat as a Conservative Party Councillor on the County Council with 49.2% of the votes, a slight fall from 55.46% at the last election.
- UKIP’s George Garton, who was third in 2009, more than doubled his party’s share of the vote to 23.08% to move into the runner-up spot.
- The Lib Dem share fell by nearly a half as they slipped into third place with candidate Steven Neilson gaining 18.78% – down from 31.41%.
- Labour remained in fourth but David Foden also increased their share, which more than doubled from 3.13% to 8.94%
- Turnout was 34.11% considerably down on the last election where it was 46.25%
The town website team wish to congratulate Tom Thacker for his win and look forward to hearing of his successes as he represents the area at County level.
2013 OVERALL AT HAMPSHIRE