A call is out for any local individuals, groups or organisations who have ideas on furthering local community projects to have a friendly informal chat with the Town Council.
If you have an idea, want to see something happen or just think you may like to help, then this is an ideal opportunity – and there are no obligations whatsoever.
Various types of support may also be available including:
• Use of premises for meetings or presentations
• Some administrative services and support
• Access to small amounts of funding where appropriate
• Advice on larger funding streams if available
• Possible web presence
• Assistance with promotion
• Advice and contacts on any related agencies or allied supporters
• Access to some support resources if appropriate such as mapping
• Inclusion on a Town Council Agenda if appropriate to ensure high profile
• LOTS of enthusiasm for working together for our Town and Parish
If you are interested in a new or an existing ‘project’, or in any aspect of local developments such as recreation, environment, leisure, planning, business or traffic, or have any other interest or suggestion, please contact the Town Hall for an informal chat.
You never know – Even the simplest idea may be all that is needed to gain just what we all needs for the future.
Email: WHITCHURCH TOWN COUNCIL
Tel: 01256 892107
In person: Call into the Town Hall during opening times
The decision on how the Town Council handles ‘community projects’ and the results of the Neighbourhood Plan was taken to ensure the fullest involvement of local people. Councillors listened to the reports of two public meetings along with feedback from an open workshop, as well as correspondence and requests from local residents and organisations.
The input of local residents into this has been very much appreciated.