Whitchurch’s popular cycle shop suffered a major break in yesterday. North Hants Bikes in Church Street was broken in to and much valuable stock removed in the early hours of yesterday morning. Considerable damage was also caused.
Neil and Daniel, who run the specialist business said:
Sadly we arrived at the shop today to find we had a major break in which has resulted in a huge amount of stock being taken and major destruction to the building and contents.
As you can imagine this has severely disrupted our business and we will be working hard to put it back together as soon as possible. We will be publishing more info and photos of the bikes that are missing very soon.
Cycling is growing in popularity which is also reflected in the number of cycling based businesses opening. The Whitchurch shop stocked a wide range of bikes from children’s trainer cycles up to top of the range road racing machines. In addition they carried many spares and accessories as well as undertaking serving and repairs.
If you hear of anything suspicious or were near the centre of Whitchurch at 4 o’clock this morning (27th November) please contact us or the police.
This is harrowing for any business at any time but in the in the lead up to Christmas it is particularly so , so if anyone hears anything or is perhaps offered cycling equipment of cycles please call:
North Hants Bikes: 01256 893501
List of the main bikes missing:
- Felt Z6 (54″)
- Felt Z6 (58″)
- Felt AR5 (58″), black/orange
- Orbea Orca 105 (55″), black/orange, Mavic Cosmic wheels, Look pedals
- Orbea Orca 105 (57″), black/orange, Mavic Aksium wheels, Look pedals
- Orbea Orca SLI2 (57″), white/red/black, Mavic Aksium wheels, Look pedals
- Fondriest TF2 (60″), Ultegra, Fulcrum Quattro wheels
- Felt DA2 (56″) Ultegra Di2, Reynolds wheels (60 front, 80 rear)
- KTM Phinx (19″) (MTB)
- KTM 27 Ultra Flite (15″)
- Mekk Potenza (48″)
- Felt QX80d (55″)
- Look 566 105 (XL), look pedals