Next week’s Jubilee weekend, has a wide ranging programme of events rarely seen before over such a short period in the town.
Bunting is going up, windows are being decorated and a party atmosphere is starting to get into the air.
The four-day holiday in celebration of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee has events for everyone.
This website will be listing all those it knows about, although it is sure there will be many more.
If anyone is running an event, or knows of one not listed, please let us know so that it can be publicised both on this website and in our other promotions. The website regularly attracts over 1000 views every day!
Send details of events to:
The main events we are presently aware of are listed below.
- Fireworks Display Millennium Meadow : 9.15pm : £5.00
- Rockus Music Festival London Street : 1pm–11pm
- Historic Timeline Gill Nethercott Centre : 10am–4pm : £5.00
- Kids FunFair / Hog Roast Red House : 1pm–late
- Jubilee Movie Gill Nethercott Centre : 7.30pm : £6.00
- Nutty Noah Children’s Show White Hart : 2.30pm
- Music – The Fortunate Red House : 4pm
- Pub Race start Prince Regent : 5pm
- Pub Race finish Sports & Social Club
- Music – Just Testing Sports & Social Club : 8.30pm
- Music – The Fortunate/OKCorral Red House : 9pm
- Disco into the night! …then Survivors Breakfast! White Hart
- Fete/Table Top Sale White Hart : 1pm–5pm
- Community Party & GTSkatefest Daniel Park : 2pm–6pm
- Music – 3 Local Bands Daniel Park : 2pm–6pm
- Music – Acoustix White Hart Hotel
- Picnic Millennium Meadow : 12noon
- Jubilee Tea Dance Gill Nethercott Centre : 3pm : £4.00
See the EVENTS DIARY for further information.