Young children with flags, costumes, crowns and all manner of red white and blue clothing have been going school today to take part in their special Jubilee Party, as a start to their weekend celebrations to honour the Queen. Meanwhile elsewhere in the town final preparations are being made for the wealth of other events that make up a massive calendar of jubilation.
Below is our ‘final’ list of events that we have been made aware of. It is a fantastic choice. There will be many others too, as well as privately arranged parties and street closures.
We have listed times and any entry fees where known but in all cases it is best to check with the organisers as the town website cannot take any responsibility.
- Fireworks Display Millennium Meadow : 9.15pm : £5.00
- Historic Timeline Gill Nethercott Centre 10am–4pm £5.00
- Rockus Music Festival London Street : 1pm–11pm
- Kids FunFair / Hog Roast Red House : 1pm–late
- Jubilee Movie Gill Nethercott Centre : 7.30pm : £6.00
- Quarter Peal All Hallows : 9.15am
- Procession/Service/Anthem All Hallows : 10am
- Bring & Share Picnic Church Room/Grounds : 12noon
- Nutty Noah Show White Hart : 2.30pm
- BBQ Kings Arms : from 1.00pm
- Disco Kings Arms : 2pm
- Live Music – The Fortunate Red House : 4pm approx
- Pub Race : start Prince Regent 5pm, end at Social Club
- Live Music – Just Testing Sports & Social Club : 8.30pm
- Disco – White Harty Party into the night! then Survivors Breakfast!
- Live Music – The Fortunate/OKCorral Red House : 9pm
- Fete/Table Top Sale White Hart : 1pm–5pm
- Community Party & Skatefest Daniel Park : 2pm–6pm
- Live Music – 3 Local Bands, Bar, Graffiti Art Daniel Park : 2pm–6pm
- Live Music – Acoustix White Hart Hotel
- Cycle Ride start Millennium Meadow
- Picnic Millennium Meadow : 12noon
- Jubilee Tea Dance Gill Nethercott Centre : 3pm £4.00
See the EVENTS DIARY for further information.