Post Title: Activity Co-ordinator
Grade: £24,000 (pro-rata)
Reporting to: Visitor Experience Manager
Working hours: Three days a week until 31 May 2020
Job Purpose: To work closely with the Visitor Experience Manager to develop and deliver a dynamic and innovative formal and informal learning and engagement programme for Whitchurch Silk Mill. This role is part of our Heritage Lottery Funded project, Preserving the Fabric, due to last until June 2020.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
Work with the Visitor Experience Manager to deliver Whitchurch Silk Mill’s Preserving the Fabric project Activity Plan.
Key responsibilities are to assist the Visitor Experience Manager:
1. to develop and deliver informal and formal activities and sessions for the Museum’s target audiences, including families, older people, young people aged 13- 24, and primary schools
2. to develop on-line and hard copy learning resources for the Museum’s target audiences
3. to research, order and maintain craft materials and resources used in activities and events
4. to develop and deliver on-site and off-site projects eg to community groups and to schools
5. to develop and maintain links with community groups and organisations
6. to develop partnerships to support the delivery of the Activity Plan, eg with local museums, colleges and universities
7. to develop and supervise the informal and formal learning programme volunteers and work placements
8. to train the informal and formal learning volunteers on the job
9.to assist the Visitor Experience Manager to manage the budgets relating to learning and engagement
10. to work with the Visitor Experience Manager to market the programmes effectively and develop the website
11. to evaluate the programmes and provide financial and progress reports for relevant internal teams and external stakeholders as required
The Activity Co-ordinator will:
12. keep up to date with current community and learning priorities locally and nationally
13. keep up to date with local and national funding opportunities
14. keep up to date with craft and textile initiatives locally and nationally especially in the context of audience engagement and outreach
15. be committed to health and safety and ensure familiarity with all of Whitchurch Silk Mill’s health and safety policies and procedures
16. promote equality and diversity in all aspects of the work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity
17. be part of the duty manager rota for the Silk Mill, which will include working a weekend rota
18. undertake any other appropriate duties required by the Mill.
For further information, please contact Lisa Gale email@example.com or call (01256) 892065.
Deadline: 9am Thursday 21st September 2017
Interview date: Friday 29th September 2017