I’d like to make you aware of the following that’s recently happened:
Between 04/10/18 03:00 and 08/10/18 00:30, unknown person(s) have entered a property on Lynch Hill Park, conducted a untidy search and stolen a number of items. If you saw or heard anything that could assist Police, please call 101 quoting 4418037819
On the 08/10/18 between 01:30-01:45, an unknown male has attempted to gain access into a property on London Street. No access was gained and no damage caused. If you saw or heard anything that could assist Police, please call 101 quoting 44180378201.
There are certain measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim yourself, such as:
- Don’t leave curtains/blinds open, and don’t leave valuables on show.
- If you are going away, ask a neighbour or friend to check your house regularly.
- Buy timer switches for lamps and radios to give the impression that someone is home.
- Install an alarm system and ensure the alarm box is clearly visible.
- Don’t leave keys in doors – remove them and keep them close at hand but out of sight where you can easily find them in an emergency.
- Don’t leave your house unattended with windows open and unlocked – even for just a minute.
- If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors and windows are closed.
- Never leave a key under a doormat or on a string through the letterbox.
Message Sent By
Emma Page (Police, PCSO, Basingstoke District)