Testbourne school have continued their trend of year-on-year improvement, gaining the best results they have ever achieved in 2012.
- 76% of students earned 5 A*-C grades with English and Maths; and,
- 96% of students earned 5 A*-C grades overall.
- Every student in full time education earned at least eight GCSE or equivalent passes; and,
- 20% of students also achieved eight or more A*/A grades.
Headteacher, Hilary Jackson said “we are delighted with our results this year and that the hard work of staff and students has paid off”.
Now that is truly ‘Outstanding’! Congratulations to all the students on their achievements and a big thank you to the staff and teachers who deserve an A* themselves!
BEATING NATIONAL RESULTS
The BBC is reporting an overall fall in grades nationwide – which makes Testbourne’s achievements even more impressive. The BBC report that 69.4% of entries earned grades A*-C, compared with 69.8% last year and that there was also a fall in the proportion of pupils receiving the top A* and A grades, down to 22.4% from 23.2%.
The school reopens:
- Tuesday 4th September 2012 for Year 7’s and Year 11’s only; and
- Wednesday 5th September 2012 for the whole school.
The BBC report is HERE. Our earlier article is HERE.