The Highways Agency have issued the following notice:
The Highways Agency will be carrying out essential maintenance work at the Bullington Cross junction.
Work to resurface the area around the roundabout located at the north west of the junction is scheduled to take place overnight on Monday 20 June 2011 between 10pm and 6am, when traffic flows are at their lowest. On the main A303 carriageway, there will be a temporary speed limit of 10mph through the work site, with a speed limit of 40 mph on the approach to the traffic management.
For the safety of the site staff, work will be undertaken using a number of slip-road closures including:-
- A34 northbound exit slip-road
- A303 eastbound exit and entry slip-roads
- A303 westbound to A34 northbound link-road
The access point for Tidbury Farm Road will be maintained to allow traffic to and from the junction if required.
Work to replace the cabling for the street lighting, is scheduled to take place on various dates in June, July and August 2011, weather permitting. To reduce disruption to road users and for the safety of the site staff, work will be undertaken at night between 9pm and 5am, when traffic flows are at their lowest.
The scheme will be undertaken in three separate phases. During each phase there will be full closures of the various slip-roads:-
- The A303 eastbound exit and entry slip-roads, and the A34 northbound exit and entry slip-roads will be closed for 10 consecutive nights (excluding Saturday and Sunday nights).
- The A34 southbound exit slip-road will be closed for up to 15 consecutive nights (excluding Saturday and Sunday nights).
During all slip-road closures, there will be clearly signed diversion routes in place.