Friday is just packed with things happening.
Here are just a few:
- The Gill Nethercott Centre is busy this morning with its very popular Country Market, with stands selling produce while people meet up and chat over a cuppa.
- In the town centre the Newbury Building Society, as well as providing its usual financial service has branched out into Face-painting. Why not call in with the kids for some colourful fun?
- Perhaps then call into the Methodist Church where the Parents and Toddlers Club have toys from the Whitchurch Toy Library as well as a bouncy castle and stories.
- There is more for young children too this afternoon as Toddler Time comes to the Library – craft activities, stories and singing for the under-4s, from 2.00pm to 2.45pm. Just pop in its free.
- Meanwhile if you wish to stretch those legs a little, enjoy the local countryside there is a short sociable cycle ride after lunch, out into the wonderful quiet lanes south of the town.
- Then perhaps call in to fairclose, where all day until 5.00pm Penny Spooner has her pottery studio open as part of Hampshire Open Studios. Four other local artists are also joining her with basketry, textiles, mosaics and jewellery.
- Then tonight Streetz comes to the Gill Nethercott Centre with Open Access from 7.00pm to 10.00pm for 11-17 year olds – loads of drop in activities from dance mats, giant jenga and large screen Wii.
- And for the older members of Whitchurch you can let your hair down with an evening at the King’s Arms with a 70s/80s Fancy Dress Disco from 8.00pm.
And it’s only Friday! Tomorrow the weekend starts…
Whitchurch – there is always something going on!