In 2012, Hampshire County Council proposed that a small number of towns take part in a 20mph pilot project. In May 2014, the pilot project was rolled out in Whitchurch (one of the last to do so).
Below is a collection of the various stories and letters published on this website about the scheme.
- 18 November: Road victims remembered on map
- 18 April: 20mph for Whitchurch? – The Whitchurch Minute is born
- 28 April: What goes on… the Annual Town Assembly
- 13 May: Changes to speed limits – Newbury Road
- 18 July: 20mph – the latest – update – where?
- 12 September: 20mph – a step nearer
- 28 September: 20mph comes a step closer
- 16 October: Support shown for 20mph
- 15 December: Roads proposed for 20mph scheme revealed
- 24 December: 20mph – Support from the Schools
- 28 December: Letter to the Editors – 20mph
- 8 January: Letter to the Editors – 20mph
- 15 March: 20mph moves a step closer for Whitchurch
- 29 April: Web Hustings: Questions to Election Candidates – and their Answers
- 11 June: 20mph – Latest – changes to area
- 27 June: Former mayor wants 20mph for Lynch Hill Park
- 6 December: Parking endangering lives (Town Council requests HCC include Church Street and Wells Lane in the pilot)
- 22 April: Speed Watch for Whitchurch?
- 8 May: 20mph comes to Whitchurch
- 2 June: 20mph Questions
- 3 June: 20mph pilot brings mixed resident opinion
- 5 June: 20mph – The Vicar’s Letter