Whitchurch now has its own Fairtrade group which is aiming to gain Whitchurch the status of a Fairtrade Town. To achieve this a number of goals have to be achieved.
The group was formally set up at a meeting on the White Hart on 31st January 2011 and a Constitution agreed with the following Objectives:
- To promote the concept of Fairtrade
- To raise awareness of the FAIRTRADE Mark
- To achieve Fairtrade Town status for Whitchurch as detailed in the Fairtrade Foundation’s Fairtrade Town Goals and Action Pack.
Membership is open to all who have expressed a commitment to promoting the objectives. There is a local membership fee of just £1.00.
Events already held include:
- A successful launch event with 35 attending;
- A competition for a bollard and a poster design;
- A stand at the Green Christmas Fair at the GNC.
For further details email Beth or call 01256 895 604
FAIRTRADE FORTNIGHT: WINE TASTING EVENT: 12th MARCH
Fairtrade Whitchurch invite you to a Fairtrade wine tasting event as part of Fairtrade Fortnight 2011.
This year’s Fairtrade Fortnight runs from the 28th of February to the 13th of March.
It is an opportunity to learn more about why Fairtrade is important and appreciate the difference that everyday choices can make to the lives of others. The Fairtrade Foundation is asking us all to ‘show off’ about buying Fairtrade.
The Fairtrade Whitchurch group invite you to show off in style, with a Fairtrade wine tasting event at the Town Hall at 8pm on Saturday 12th March.
Tickets need to be bought in advance and cost £8 each. The ticket price includes a selection of different Fairtrade wines to sample, as well as cheese and nibbles.
For more information and to order your tickets call Beth on 01256 895 604 or EMAIL